Stories of St. Edward
The Magnuson room is named for the US Senator who secured Federal Land and Water Conservation Funds to purchase the site as a state park. Warren Grant "Maggie" Magnuson represented the state of Washington in the United States Senate from 1944 until 1981. The 350 acre Magnuson Park across Lake Washington was named after him; which is the largest Seattle City park.
Formerly, this room was used as the Chemistry and Physics Laboratory at the Saint Edward Seminary, and will now live on as a meeting and event space.
Representative Warren Magnuson, 1933
Photographed by Vibert Jeffers, Susan Parish Photograph Collection, 1889-1990, Washington State Archives, Digital Archives