Cedar + Elm History

Cedar + Elm History

Stories of St. Edward

Much of the history and character from the building's origins was retained in the Cedar + Elm dining space. A nod to the restaurant's former life as the Saint Edward Seminary dining hall, the light-filled dining room highlights original design details including original windows and light fixtures. The terrace allows for seasonal outdoor dining to soak in the tranquil natural beauty of the surrounding Saint Edward State Park. Once a meaningful gathering space for seminarians, the dining space has once again been brought to life as the heart of The Lodge at St. Edward State Park. 

A Group Of People Standing In Front Of A Crowd

St. Edward Seminary dedication banquet taking place in the dining hall. Photographed October 13, 1931. 

A Large Crowd Of People In A Room

Photograph courtesy the Archives of the Archdiocese of Seattle.